Our Client, a leading private bank, is facing 3 types of challenges in its industry:
- Regulatory constraints on capitalization & transparency requirements,
- Pressure on margins with market concentration, global competition and emergence of disruptive Fintech actors leveraging digital technologies,
- High client expectations for digital interaction processes, tailor-made investment strategies, high performance levels and contained prices.
As such, we accompanied our Client in the transformation of its trading activities, core to the bank, in order to:
- Ensure the bank’s readiness for 2018 MIFID 2 regulation,
- Optimize operational efficiency with front-to-back process rationalization & automation,
- Increase client value with highly personalized financial products & advisory.
We followed a 3-step front-to-back approach to transform the bank’s trading activities:
- Analyze : we conducted a comprehensive review of current front-to-back trading activities in order to capture best practices & improvement areas.
- Prioritize : we prioritized improvement areas based on the interest for the bank & the ease of implementation. Then, we structured the top-notch initiatives in work streams and set in place the transformation program’s governance.
- Implement : we managed the different work streams & governance leading to tangible results. We leveraged OWT methodologies and project management competencies to empower our Client in the implementation.
To make the transformation successful, we worked hand-in-hand with the bank’s internal resources, and ensured alignment between sponsor, project management and operational teams.
The result of the collaboration between the bank and OWT is threefold:
- The bank is ready for 2018 MIFID 2 regulation,
- The trading department is empowered with project management competencies: review of roles & governance, sharing of OWT methodologies for business process reengineering & tools specifications
- Digitalization is positioned at the core of business objective, as a lever to improve operational efficiency & client value: elaboration of the IT roadmap for front-to-back processes automation & rationalization, review of financial advisory client targeting and much more.